Valuable Preventive Health Resource
- Prevention is the key to good health.
- Learning about and practicing healthy behavior as a child can lead to good health as an adult.
- Preventive medicine saves lives, money, and time, and decreases missed school days.
Effective Teaching Tool
- Reaching teens & children with health information and effectively teaching them is essential for good health and compliance.
- For many years school teachers have used songs to improve learning and memory in the classroom.
- Songs should be used to teach health information and can improve learning and compliance among the youth.
- Health-Hop®, medical rap music, has been created for this purpose and its effectiveness has already been seen.
"Teaching children & teens about healthy behavior can prevent sickness and lead to a lifetime of good health."
Young People Love Hip-Hop Music
- Today, Hip-Hop is the music of choice for many teens and is the ideal genre for capturing their attention.
- The average teen listens to 40 hours of music per week.
- Studies have shown that the average teen listens to 10,500 hours of music between the 7th and 12th grade. This is slightly less than the cumulative hours spent in the classroom from kindergarten through the 12th grade.